Monday, April 29, 2013

Week 75

Dang what a week! As always, there was good news and bad news. Whenever someone tells me that, I always want the bad news first, so we'll start with that.

The Milla family, who we have wanted to marry and baptize for about 3 weeks now, will have to wait yet another week. The guy still has to go to church one more time, and they just took off on Saturday! They didn't even tell us about it, and their phone is broken, so we have no idea when they're gonna make it back. Apparently, they went to visit the guy's parents again, just like they did the week before! Why can't they do it any other day than Sunday?!

We're having a serious problem getting men to go to church or basically do anything. I'm not gonna lie, the men here are generally pretty lazy about the religion stuff, whereas the women are really into it. For example, we're teaching four families right now where the women want to get baptized. They've accepted baptism, gone to church, everything. But the men don't want to get married, go to church, or even listen to us. But if anything is going to change them, it's the gospel.

In good news, we have one baptism that looks pretty solid for May 11th. Her name is Ana, and she has been great from the very start, which was a couple months ago. And it looks like she finally fixed her only problem, which was going to church on Sundays!

We might sneak in a few more baptisms before the next changes on May 15th. It looks pretty sure that either Elder Sweat or I will go, which is sad because we've worked pretty well together. Chances are it will be him because he's been here longer, but we'll have to see. Hopefully, we can have a few more baptisms together at least :)

We completed the three zone goals of 15 lessons with member, 10 new invesigators, and 7 in church (we had 22, 10, and 10 AKA the triple-double). It's the first time this change a companionship has completed all three, so we're pretty stoked. Yes, I know this is kinda nerdy, missionary stuff, but hey it's my life haha

My padres are going back to Houston! Yes, this has nothing at all to do with my mission, but it makes me happy cuz I'll be returning back to my old ward! I'm stoked!
 
That's all for this week folks! Have a good week! Talk to you next Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment