Monday, February 25, 2013

Week 66

Well, we had the change meeting last Wednesday, and what a change meeting it was! There´s all kinds of craziness going on in the mission, and everyone´s head was spinning with all of the new stuff going on. Here´s a quick bullet list of what happened, and specifically what happened to me:

- I'm in a new area! It's called Las Lomas, and I'm in the Satelite (sa- TAY- lee- tay just so you guys can sound more Latin) Stake. I'm about 15 minutes outside of San Pedro in a pretty nice, suburb area.

- I have a new companion! His name is Elder Sweat from Heber, Utah, and he is on his second change in the mission! We get along great so far, but it has been a bit of an adjustment as far as teaching goes. I have a bigger responsibility since he is still learning Spanish and doesn't really know what's going on sometimes. It reminds me of a year ago when I was going through the same struggle. Good times...

- My ward is TOTALLY AWESOME! Ironically, some of this has to do with Elder Hebert, who was here right before me. He pretty much dominated and left the area (and the ward) in really good shape. The members are super stoked about missionary work because of him, and because of a recent visit from a member of the Presidency of the Area to the Stake. Also, the members are taking their friends and family to the open house of the Tegucigalpa temple, the first in Honduras. So I kind of inherited the perfect storm :) Basically, it looks like I won't knock on doors the entire time I'm here because of the insane number of references we're getting. Also, if everything goes well, we could hit double-digit baptisms in March. That's just the potential of this area, and I'm super excited about it!

- I was called as a district leader.

- Our mission is being divided into San Pedro East and San Pedro West. Right now, I would be in the East mission, but it's still not sure when the mission will be officially divided. They might place us in the two missions at the next change meeting, or they will wait until July when two new mission presidents come (both gringos). It's an exciting time regardless.

- They divided the old zone I was in (Ceiba zone) into two zones, another example of the crazy growth we're experiencing right now.

- My new house is awesome too! We have two companionships living there, and it's HUGE! By far the biggest house I've had in the mission.

Ok, so that's pretty much what's been going on the last week. It's been a lot of craziness, getting to know the new area, new comp, and new ward. But it looks like I'm gonna be in a pretty awesome situation for the foreseeable future. Thanks to everyone for your love and support! And hope you guys have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment