Monday, February 11, 2013

Week 64

Howdy y'all, hope everyone had a good week! Ya, I know the "howdy y'all" sounds kinda weird, but my comp and I have been having some Texas pride lately. And how cool is it that two Texans are together in Honduras?! I figure I gotta take advantage of it while I can ;)

Anyway, it was a fairly average week here in Utila. We made some progress with some of our investigators, but I don't know if we'll be able to have any more baptisms during my time here (which is looking like it will be about 10 days). I'm hoping to at least set up a baptism or two for the time after I leave, but we'll see how it goes. We're having some decent success on the activation front as well, but it seems like none of the inactives will become fully active. They make me super happy one Sunday, and then disappoint me the next one. It's kinda frustrating sometimes, but at least we're getting them to church every once in a while. That's better than never, so it's at least a slight improvement.

One of our investigators, a 13-year old kid named Preston, has started hanging out with us quite a bit. He went with us to the gym one morning, and we even played some games of Foosball with him on a table in his neighborhood. In case you guys don't know, I LOVE Foosball, so it was cool to play again. Nobody has beat me yet, but Preston has come close, and he says he's going to practice every day so he can beat me haha

Also, my zone leaders are coming to the island today! It will be the first time I've been with other missionaries for about six weeks! I'm super stoked, and we've planned a pretty epic Utila tour for them. So it should be a good P-day! And then they will stay to work with us tomorrow. So I'm hoping the two-companionship attack will have some positive results for the work here in Utila. We'll see how it goes, and I should have some exciting stories for next week, including whether I will be going to another area or not (although President already told me I am, so I'm feeling pretty confident about it). Have a good week guys! Adios!

-Elder Birt

No comments:

Post a Comment