Monday, January 28, 2013

Week 62

I'm not sure if it was the best week ever, but it was one of the better ones on my mission. It was actually pretty incredible how many awesome things happened this week!

First, we had another baptism! My comp, Elder Russo, performed his first baptism, and everything went perfectly! It was one of the smoothest baptismal services I've ever had. And most importantly, it was a great spiritual experience for everyone there. The next day was CRAZY busy in church because we had to do even more than usual. I performed the confirmation of Maria, we advanced a boy and a girl from the Primary and gave the boy the Aaronic Priesthood, we did the sacrament, gave talks, and then each gave a lesson. And we had 39 people in church with 7 investigators! That might not sound like much, but to us, that basically means the whole island went to church. But maybe the thing that made me most happy was that three guys came to church! And one of them was this awesome guy named Alex, who I've been trying to get to go to church for the last 4 months. We had an AWESOME lesson on the Plan of Salvation/temples on Saturday, he came to church on Sunday, and he and his wife are excited to go to the Tegucigalpa temple open house next month! It's amazing how the gospel can completely change someone - I just hope they keep it up!

We also will have at least one baptism this coming Saturday and perhaps two, which will be pretty sweet. Keep that in your prayers, and hopefully we can lock up the second one!

And as if things couldn't get any better, we had an epic P-day today! In the words of Elder Russo, "it was the best P-day I've ever had in the mission." We ran a couple miles to hike Pumpkin Hill, the highest point in Utila. The view there is incredible! You can see the entire island from there! Then, we went down the mountain and went to the beach! Obviously, we couldn't swim, but we walked along the beach for a while and enjoyed the view. And then, my companion (a former stud Cross Country runner) almost killed me when we ran back to our house. We finished it off by going to a surprisingly amazing Mexican restaurant and coming here for Internet. It was a great end to a great week!

Special shout-out to the Jones Family, Dyer family, and Kimber for your letters! I think it took them a while to get to me, considering two of them were Christmas cards. But thank you so much! I love letters (hint, hint). Haha have a good week everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment