Hey guys! Hope everyone had an awesome week! The big news for me is that our district got our travel plans yesterday! Our flight is at 1 in the morning on Jan. 23, so that should be interesting. Hopefully I can get some sleep on the plane, else the first few days in Honduras will be terrible. We're all really excited to go though. We had an extra week in the MTC because of some scheduling issue, so our district wasn't too happy about that. Anyway, thanks to everyone for the letters! I'll try to respond to everyone either this week or next week cuz I'm pretty sure the Honduran mail system will be a little sketchy haha. Ok here are some stories from the week:
1. We got a new district in our zone this week, which meant Elder Hebert and I were pretty busy as the zone leaders. We taught them Wednesday and Thursday night, but the funnest part was that we got to give a tour of the MTC last night! It might not sound that exciting, but it breaks up the normal routine a little haha. Plus the new district seems really awesome, and we finally got some sisters in our zone!
2. Elder Hebert and I were asked to do a demonstration of how to begin teaching for the new missionary orientation! It was a neat experience because we got to start the lesson, and then the new missionaries combined in a super-companionship to finish the lesson. Watching the new missionaries teaching made me realize how much I've grown as a teacher. Not that they were bad at teaching, but it was just fun to realize how much I've grown since that first day. I was making the same mistakes they were just a few weeks ago, but I've learned so much here in the MTC!
3. We got to host again for the new missionaries, which is always fun! The two guys I hosted were both really friendly and ready to get going on their missions. So basically, I was helping A LOT with the new missionaries this week. I think I've pretty much done everything a person can do in the MTC, and I'm glad I got the full experience.
4. Our teacher that got reassigned to another district (my bff, Hermana Keele) came back to visit this week! And she gave us a gift! We do these things on the computer called language speaking assessments (LSA), and apparently they save them from everyone who has been in the MTC! So we got to listen to both of our teachers from when they were in the MTC learning Spanish! It was pretty hilarious because they sound like we do right now! So that made me feel a lot better about learning the language. It reminded me that learning Spanish will be a process, and even our teachers had to struggle through that process.
5. I don't know why this bugs me so much, but I can't roll R's! Everyone in my district can except me and one other elder, so it's kinda frustrating sometimes. If anyone has any ideas to help me out, let me know.
Ok that's all I have for this week. I'm really stoked to leave for Honduras and teach real people our wonderful message! Oh, and I think my P-day will be on Saturday next week, although I'm not 100% sure. So don't be freaked out if there isn't a blog for Friday (this is mainly for my mom haha). Hope everyone has a fantastic week! Go Packers! Haha nos vemos :)