Monday, November 19, 2012

Week 52

So this past week I hit the year mark of the mission, which made me take a step back and evaluate how things are going in life and on the mission. First off, it's been a crazy year! I can't believe that I entered the MTC a year ago. Sometimes it feels like yesterday, other times it feels like forever ago. And most of all, I can't believe all of the things I've learned, the people I've met, the friends I've made, and the experiences I've had. And this is only with 50% of the mission. Who knows what the Lord has in store for me in the next year?
 
Well, the big news this last week was changes. My new comp is Elder Ortiz from El Salvador. It is his last change in the mission. He was actually comps with my MTC comp Elder Hebert, so I knew quite a bit about him before he even came here. In other change meeting news, there were big changes in my old MTC district. I still try to keep track of all of those guys because we're all such good friends. And here we all are, a year into the mission, and we have three district leaders, one secretary, one branch president, one trainer, and two senior companions. It's pretty impressive, and just makes we marvel again at how far we've all come.

I'm looking forward to a good change - this one will only be five weeks because they don't want to have a change meeting on Christmas. But hopefully I can make the most of these five weeks, and maybe even have a baptism or two! Mariela still has some doubts, but we're working really hard to resolve everything and prepare her for what would definitely be a special day.

Well, I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! Remember the true purpose of the holiday. Sure, we can eat a lot and watch some good football games (well not me, but at least you guys), but when it comes down to it, we sure do have a lot to be thankful for. I'm thankful for all of you that read the blog and continue supporting me in every way possible. Love you guys! Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment