Monday, July 16, 2012

Week 34

Hey folks! So today marks 8 months in the mission! Crazy huh?! But it was definitely a week to remember, so here's a recap with The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly...

The Good:
We had another baptism! And it was in a river again, which is just a cool experience. I didn't perform the baptism this time (my comp), but we had a decent turnout and everything went pretty smoothly. She kinda freaked us out when she got to church late on Sunday though because we weren't sure if we would be able to do the confirmation. But she arrived in the nick of time, and we completed the second half of the baptism :)

I had my first P-Noche ("P-Night" instead of P-day). Our zone leaders got permission to have a sleepover for all the missionaries Sunday night to prepare for a hike early this morning. It was really fun- we played some silly games, had a spiritual thought, didn't get much sleep, and then hiked a mountain that looks out over all of San Pedro. The pictures are awesome, but I can't share them with you guys because these computers are not awesome haha

The Bad:
We don't have any firm baptismal dates for the next few weeks. Yes, there are possibilities for the end of this month and the start of August, but each of our investigators has specific problems. We're thinking our next baptism will be the first week of August, but it's too early to tell.

The Ugly:
I got sick AGAIN! This time has been a little different though. It started on Thursday, and I'm still just as sick today on Monday. It's been 5 pretty rough days, with pretty much every symptom you can think of. I'm hoping to go to the doctor today or tomorrow, so I can figure out what's going on with the recurring sicknesses.

The Funny (Bonus):
The baptism this past week was on my companion's birthday, which was kinda cool. Anyway, Katherine (the 18-year old girl that we baptized) didn't know about that until after the baptism. When she found out, she tried to give my comp a hug, which resulted in one of the most awkward situations I've ever seen. I can't even describe it that well, but it ended up being like a little pat on the back. We had a good laugh about it afterwards haha

Gracias por el apoyo y el amor de ustedes. Espero que todos tengan una buena semana y nos vemos la proxima semana! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment